posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Who are you going to listen to??

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message
t...
Popular notions are ALWAYS wrong. If you don't know that, then you've
haven't studied history and you're to young to have learned it from
experience. Hardly a century goes by without doomsday predictions
becoming popular notions. I lived through the global cooling hysteria of
the 70's, so please spare me the ignorant ranting of the true believers.

Someday the earth may cool to absolute zero or heat to a million
degrees. I don't know. All anybody "knows" is what they think the
historical record shows: that the earth gets really cold and the earth
gets really hot.

The rest is the clucking of hens.

--
jlrogers±³©

Well, what you said is certainly a popular notion.

Not half as popular as the sky-is-falling, global warming buzz phrases.

Max

Yeah, the truth is sometimes, though not often, popular.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com