posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry Larry is offline

Default Furuno Radar Problem

Jack Erbes wrote in news:1
:

GU11's or B1RD's and to note

If you ever get access to a milspec AN/xxxxx chart that shows what the
letters stand for in AN/ electronics, look up:

AN/ABB-(put your fav number-letter here)

ABB amounts to the model designation for a carrier pidgeon....(c;

Just to see if anyone ever really READ the data from a 2Kilo, we did some
maintenance on AN/ABB-3A, S/N B283845 located at the frame number/deck
level of our flag storage locker atop the main deckhouse. We even turned
in 2Kilos announcing we had completed Field Changes 1 through 12, but not
13, 14 or 15 due to deployment (we hardly left the dock as a tender).

The computer added it to the ship's equipment listing on the Z-fold
printout and listed it as needing 6-month updates, which we always filled
out 2Kilos for and turned into the 2Kilo center...trying to keep a
straight face.

I often wondered what the decommissioning outcome was when they couldn't
locate this expensive piece of equipment to toss into the dumpster. We
never reported he died or was lost at sea flying back to Charleston...(c;

Oh, obviously, noone ever actually READ any reports we sent in.....

Larry
--
VIRUS ALERT! VISTA has been released!
NOONE will be spared!