Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default DIY refrigerator in sailboat

In article ,
Larry wrote:

Jere Lull wrote in
news:jerelull-DE5725.19552809022007 @news.bellatlantic.net:

UNIX is much more stable.

That's very true, but what % of the software everyone wants to
run....runs under Windoze? Owning a MAC has always meant being
fleeced by Apple for proprietary software and left out of the
freeware/shareware legacy. It's like standing on the sidelines all
suited up to play football, but not allowed to play on the field.

Windoze has nothing to do with anything in my personal life, though I'm
well paid to maintain it at work.

Anything you want to run under Unix/Linex will run on a Mac. Just
recompile it for BCD. The tools to do so are freely available, "freely"
meaning zero cost.

I don't own a MicroS..t product. Most of what I run is open source UNIX.
And I'm an editor that has to make sense out of every incoming message,
no matter how proprietary the encoding.

Mac is very much NOT proprietary these days.

But there are a few Mac programs that you will have to pry from my cold
dead hands. They're inspired, or more properly, the programmers were.

=====

And if there were some Windoze program that I absolutely had to run, I
can load up any Windoze OS and run it alongside OS X at full speed.

You just won't see me running XP or Vista unless I absolutely positively
had to run it as I hate the drek that comes with running Windoze OSs.

--
Jere Lull
Xan's NEW Pages: http://web.mac.com/jerelull/iWeb/Xan/