posted to rec.boats.electronics
Jack Erbes Jack Erbes is offline

Default Furuno Radar Problem

snip
Our SPS-6 aboard USS Everglades (AD-24)...

Sea stories? Oh boy! Now this one is a no ****ter. In 1965, up on one
of the westernmost islands in the Aleutian chain, we used to send guys
outside with a compass, a pair of binoculars, and a notepad, to watch
for the Russians making overflights.

They were told the aircraft would be either GU11's or B1RD's and to note
the number of aircraft in the flight, relative bearing, and approximate
distance. Sometimes we'd use two guys and one of them would be a runner
to bring the reports back in where they were plotted and tracked on a map.

Jack

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA (jackerbes at adelphia dot net)
(also receiving email at jacker at midmaine dot com)