Goofball_star_dot_etal Goofball_star_dot_etal is offline

Default Solar panel controller

On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 00:19:38 -0500, Larry wrote:

By the way, this is the exact same reason we strive to make a radio with
an output impedance of 52 ohms connected to coaxial cable with an
impedance of 52 ohms

We do for transmission lines, antennas etc., we don't for TX output
tank circuits, I think..
http://www.jaycar.com.au/images_uploaded/impmatch.pdf

connected at the top of the mast to a 52 ohm
antenna....because it creates maximum power transfer from the transmitter
to the antenna. (The radio is actually designed to match certain types
of antenna's natural impedances, not the other way around.) It even
works the other way on receive....so we use a 52 ohm input receiver, too.