Don White Don White is offline

Default Cheap entertainment...

"JimH" wrote in message

Sorry to hear that Don. It is always a tough choice to send a loved on
to a nursing home. My mom spent her last 6 or so years in one.

Make sure a family member visits her often to make sure the staff is
attending to her properly.

In the US one must use up whatever savings and income they have before the
government picks up the tab. Any money transferred to a family member
within 5 years has to be used for payment to the nursing home.

Did she get a flu shot in Fall?

We were the only province in Canada still taking all the seniors assets
until the change.

Yes..she did have her flu shot last fall. The doctor will come to the house
a couple times a year to examine her. The $%$^% moved his practice into his
older home which isn't walker or wheelchair accessable. the trade off is he
sometimes shows up on Sunday nights if he feels like it.
He just stood mom up when she was home between hospital stays. My wife made
the appointment and we stayed around all day for nothing.
It can be hard to change family doctors here... but we do have some walk-in
clinics that can help.
Anyway, she seems to be at the point where she can't safely walk to the
bathroom alone anymore..and after some real bad cleanups my sisters & wife
convinced me a nursing home is safer. Sure do feel guilty though...telling
her she can't come home.... even if it's the best option.