posted to rec.boats.electronics
Ian Malcolm Ian Malcolm is offline

Default Check out these inflatable boats

wrote:

Hello,
My name is Don and I'am the owner of Hy-Seas Inflatable boats.
We manufacture Neoprene Hypalon boat tubes for all makes and sizes of
inflatable boats.
We also have an online website full of pictures and related
information.
If I can help with any Inflatable boat related questions please feel
free to ask and I will do what I can to help.

Take Care
DonR

Thanks for the well learned lesson
Would this been a better way to post with out spamming????
Thanks for the reply

wrote:

Hello,
My name is Don and I'am the owner of Hy-Seas Inflatable boats.
We manufacture Neoprene Hypalon boat tubes for all makes and sizes of
inflatable boats.
We also have an online website full of pictures and related
information.
If I can help with any Inflatable boat related questions please feel
free to ask and I will do what I can to help.

Take Care
DonR

Thanks for the well learned lesson
Would this been a better way to post with out spamming????
Thanks for the reply

Yeah, IF it had been on topic for *this* group (hint: it isn't) and if
the charter for the group you post in permits commercial announcements.
Otherwise although you can introduce yourself in *any* group if you
dont give product, price or contact details, you would do well *not* to
mention your website until you can answer a *specific* question by
directing the person asking it to a *specific* page of your site.

If you are experienced with boat electronics and electrical systems,
stick around otherwise find an appropriate group, read their charter
then decide if it allows you to publicize your business (more often
than once a month is counterproductive unless you have genuine new
products. Thats new on the market, not just new to you) or whether
you'll have to settle in for the long haul being Mr Nice & Helpfull,
being very discrete about giving your company a mention.

There is one further trap, Many of us *dont* like being emailed 'offers'
unless we specifically ask to take it to email. The etiquette of
newsgroups is that replys to on topic stuff stay in the group so all can
read and contribute, and off topic and private matters are taken to
email by mutual agreement. Anyone who posts a question and asks for
email replies only is disrespecting the group (They *may* ask for email
as well if they have a good reason like they're off cruising, or may
offer to follwup with a summary of the replies e.g. if they are polling
for the popularity of some device but thats getting complicated).
Basically dont email USENET posters for *anything* commercial unless
they ask you to.

We do appreciate that you are taking the time to learn, have used your
real name and haven't provided any more links to your site in the wrong
newsgroup. Thank you Don for respecting this group.

If you are going to continue to use USENET even as a private individual
and you want to make friends, not enemies, you need to find out about
quoting, and set yourself up with a proper signature file (both are
awkward to do through Google, but it is possible)

[at]=@, [dash]=- & [dot]=. *Warning* HTML & 32K emails -- NUL:
'Stingo' Albacore #1554 - 15' Early 60's, Uffa Fox designed,
All varnished hot moulded wooden racing dinghy.