William P. Kolashinski

Default 1982 Sea Ray 260 Sundancer quality?

I have an1983 srv270 sundancer the boats made in that era was built very
good, hand laid fiberglass, no machine to cut cost, everything is fiberglass
sides of boat at least 3/4 to one inch thick and the bottom is even thicker,
no wood in sides or bottom to rot like today's boats . The floor is wood but
laid in fiberglass on all sides, very well built boat , Can handle 10 ft
seas very well .
There is a website of searay classic boats at www.captainrononline.com He
can answer any questions of that type of boat.
Good Luck
Pat

"Scott Collins" wrote in message
My father-in-law and I are considering the purchase of a 1982 Sea Ray 260
Sundancer. I'm wondering about the build quality of Sea Rays from this

time
frame (pre Brunswick) but have not had much success finding any

information.
I'd like to know some general history of Sea Ray boats from this era

before
we spend the money on a survey. Why waste the money on a survey if the
general consensus is the boats from this time are not worth the effort?

Are
there any specific websites that could address this, or do the posters

here
have any general comments?

Thanks in advance,
Scott Collins