posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy katy is offline

Default Who are you gonna listen to?

Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Capt. JG wrote:

"katy" wrote in message

Maxprop wrote:

"Capt. JG" wrote in message

"katy" wrote in message

Maxprop wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
news:ci8hs2h5dkios8a07couquqj31247pfsvn@4a x.com...

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 22:24:24 -0800, "Capt. JG"
said:

Global environmental change for the worse is happening because
human beings
are so shortsighted as to ignore their own long-term best
interests.

Thus endeth the reading of the gospel according to Jon.

Max, it's an article of faith with these folks. Challenging their
gospel is
like urging that the Bible is not divinely inspired--you'll never
get that
concession from the ultra-devout.

Those running the global warming show are in it for the money and
power. And they depend upon dupes like Jon to buy into their spiel.
Fortunately for them there are plenty like Jon around to fund their
chosen lifestyles.

Max

I already said that...

How am I "funding" my lifestyle by my willingness to make a few
sacrifices for the greater good?

Funding *their* lifestyle--that of the leaders of organizations
dependent upon your devotion and your donations.

Max

He thinks Hil and Bill live in a shack and drive a Yugo becasue of their
great altruism...

Guess you didn't hear Bill say that he didn't need yet another tax break.
I don't hear Cheney saying that.

How generous of him...he's probably maxed out...

Or, god forbid, he's actually being honest unlike Cheney who wasn't born
with that ability.

U'm not a particular fan of either GW or Cheney so it doens't make any
difference to me...or for that matter, Bill Clinton..I'm gonna jump on
the Ralph Nader bandwagon...