Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Donna Lange almost sinks

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 21:46:33 GMT, "NE Sailboat"
wrote:

I'm really trying to understand the corellation between "guts" and foolish
behavior. If one is on a seaworthy boat, fully prepared for the conditions
one will experience at sea, then that sailor is not gutsy?

Frankly I don't think that anyone on a small boat offshore is fully
prepared for all the surprises that are out there. You just have to
accept that there is some risk before you go. At some point
preparation becomes damage control. And that, along with a bit of
luck, separates those we hear from, and those we don't.