Larry Larry is offline

Default Fwd: Subject: [TheDingyDock] Skip and Lydia Gundlach need help

"KLC Lewis" wrote in
et:

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 08:43:27 -0500, Jeff wrote:

Content Key is on the Gulf side, north of Big Pine, about halfway
between Key West and Marathon.

About 19 miles west of the rhumb line into Moser Channel and
Marathon. There was some mention of being "blown off course". We've
had 20 kt easterlies for the last week up until today, but 19 miles
is a big offset on a 120 mile reach south from Ft Myers. Something
must have gone seriously awry.

My thoughts also. I was studying charts of the area this morning
trying to figure out how they ended up at Comfort Keys -- hopefully
Skip will be able to get online soon and fill us in. I'm totally
baffled, and still somewhat in shock over this, and can't believe
their voyage may end so soon. Here's to the good ship Flying Pig and
her stalwart crew -- may they sail again!

Everyone should look at Google Earth of the area in The Keys. Content
Key is one of the barrier keys on the Gulf side. Google Earth's
satellite photography of this area has fantastic pictures of the sea bed
in all this shallow water. You can even see obstructions in the
"channels" all up and down The Keys.

My condolences to anyone who has a 6' draft keel sticking down into this
freak of nature. Best ways to see The Keys is by CAR!

Larry
--
Democracy is when two wolves and a sheep vote on who's for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has his own gun.