Don W Don W is offline

Default Donna Lange almost sinks

Hi Rosie,

Rounding the cape solo in a 28 foot boat isn't
"manifestly unsafe", but it isn't exactly "safe"
either. Still, I admire her courage and pursuit
of her dream. I think she is going to make it,
and if I run into her sometime in the future I'll
be happy to buy her a drink.

There is a fellow down at our marina who
circumnavigated solo on his 37 foot boat--and he
is totally deaf. He has a lovely wife who stayed
home biting her nails and praying for him. It was
his dream, not hers so he went alone.

Don W.

Rosalie B. wrote:

I don't really care what happens to her. I haven't gone to any
websites and read about her. I am not qualified to say nor do I care
whether she is in her right mind or not. I don't think it makes any
real difference that she is a woman. I don't respect her or
disrespect her.

I am going to object to something however (otherwise I would be
continue to be quiet).

Many normal people of both sexes would sit at home and NOT wish they
had the guts to do what she is doing - being perfectly happy not
pushing the envelope or at least not that particular part of the
envelope. The people that want to do, and then do do what she appears
to be doing are rare, and that's as it should be. If everyone did
what she appears to be doing, the world would be a right mess, and the
oceans would be full of broken boats and shipwrecked people.