posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Who are you gonna listen to?

"katy" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Maxprop wrote:

"Capt. JG" wrote in message

"katy" wrote in message

Charlie Morgan wrote:

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 00:15:55 GMT, "scbafreak via BoatKB.com"
u25927@uwe wrote:

It's easy enough to say something stupid like that but ya gotta
provide some proof. Not everybody's had the logic circuits of
their brains short-circuited by LSD.... Not everybody
believes crap like you, Capt. JG the illegal drug using braggart.

Cheers,
Ellen

Nobody will ever be able to prove conclusively that what we ar
edoing to the
environment is causing climate changes and if there is a significant
event we
will never be able to prove conclusively that it was our fault but
we have a
lot of really good evidence that the pollutants we are putting into
the air
are causing global changes.

It's pretty easy to prove cause and effect as far as humans mowing
down tropical
rainforests causing changes in weather patterns. CWM

That's an entirely different discussion than the CO2 and global
warming discussion...

Actually, it isn't.

Only because you *want* it to be one and the same.

Max

He sibscribes to the basic Augustinian belief that man is inherently
evil...so no matter what it is, man must be at the root of it....he has
raised mankind to sich omnipotence that it is untenable...and his
articulation of his cause is redundant...so there...I used the "a'
word...

Huh? Humankind has the potential to do great things. Sounds like a very
pessimistic viewpoint you and Max have.

Yes...humankind has done many great things...but humankind is not
omnipotent and once again you are referring to some science fiction
world...

Scotty isn't omnipotent? Darn it...

--
"j" ganz @@