posted to alt.sailing.asa
Ellen MacArthur Ellen MacArthur is offline

Default Who are you gonna listen to?

"katy" wrote

It contributes to weather change, mostly precipitation...and is the most easily solvable environmental problem out
there...and for the most part, entirely out of our vontrol because you're not going to convince some 3rd world country
that makes money doing it to stop..unless you go in and kill em all or something else equally drastic...we have made
great strides in reforestation here in the US especially in Washington and Oregon, which is where out great rainforest
ecists...

I hope you noticed how they changed the subject. I asked for proof.
What did they do? Changed the subject. It's because they don't have
any proof. Just repeat a bunch of crap the rest of their type spew.
Your right about the forest clearing and burning. It's not related
to global warming any more than SUVs are. Idiots like Capt. JG and the
other nut jobs who think people actually are altering the world climate
aren't capable of looking at things except with their bias glasses on.
If people like Capt. JG were logical they'd know that it's been shown
that natural forests make more methane than people make carbon dioxide
when they cut them down and burn them. Methane's ten times worse
than carbon dioxide as a green house gas. Duh!

Cheers,
Ellen