posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Who are you gonna listen to?

"Maxprop" wrote in message
link.net...

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
"Maxprop" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
"Dave" wrote in message
On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 22:24:24 -0800, "Capt. JG"
said:

Global environmental change for the worse is happening because human
beings
are so shortsighted as to ignore their own long-term best interests.

Thus endeth the reading of the gospel according to Jon.

Max, it's an article of faith with these folks. Challenging their
gospel is
like urging that the Bible is not divinely inspired--you'll never get
that
concession from the ultra-devout.

No. It's an article of faith in science. Rightwing nuts have no
interest in facts.

It's an article of faith in what you choose to believe. There is easily
as much science disputing the human-induced global warming theory as
that supporting it. The circumspect will wait until the dust settles a
bit before jumping on any particular bandwagon.

Max

Where do you get this? Absolutely not. It's not open to conjecture as
best as science can determine.

You need to be a bit more open-minded, Jon. It not only is open to
conjecture, there is some very strong scientific evidence that the warming
trend of the Earth is due to a normal, *natural* set of variables, and not
a function of humankind in any way. Personally I don't believe that to be
the case. I do believe that man has altered the rate of global warming to
some degree, but as to the extent of that alteration I'm as much in the
dark as anyone else. You, OTOH, believe the polar ice will all be melted
in another hundred years, mostly because you choose to believe only those
scientists who support that notion. You likewise choose to ignore those
scientists who hold the opposite viewpoint. That is a closed mind.

Max

Pot, kettel, black.

--
"j" ganz @@