posted to alt.sailing.asa
Ellen MacArthur Ellen MacArthur is offline

Default Athena 38 - Life Line Height

"Ringmaster" wrote
The guy standing "there" in the photo is probably 10' from the
lifelines. That coupled with the fact the shot was taken down low
gives anyone the wrong perspective for estimating lifeline height.

You need some glasses, dude! That's a big boat there. 24 inches is only
two feet. Those life lines would look a lot closer to the deck if they were
only two feet high. They're three feet high or I'm a hunchback of Notre Dame.... :-)
Three feet. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Cheers,
Ellen