Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Jim Grey disappearance

"Jeff" wrote in message
. ..
Roger Long wrote:
Capt. JG wrote:

Here's a possible scenario...

He has some sort of catestrophic medical event.. HA, stroke,
whatever, and dies or is incapacitated quickly, unable to summon
help. The boat continues under autopilot ...

That was my first thought.

Maybe it was just on my mind because I'm planning the installation of a
windvane and autopilot

To make it worse, with no one to turn on running lights, it could have
been t-boned by a tanker in the middle of the night, hundreds of miles
away, and never been noticed.

Everyone says that floating debris is inevitable, but I'm not so
convinced. A glancing blow could easily open a hole that would sink the
boat quickly, and if the hatches were closed, how much would escape?

Well, that's a possibility, but I think it's more likely to still be out
there.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com