posted to rec.boats.building
Bob Bob is offline

Default Shanty boats

On Feb 2, 9:55 am, "Tom" wrote:
On Feb 2, 6:41 pm, "Clark" wrote:

Anyone know of any sites about building small houseboats in the back yard.

check duckworksmagazine.com. This has several designers and design
links, as well as discussions.

The first time I saw some were in Seattle in the way early 1980s. They
looked like gayly painted Bask wagons sitting in a barge. As before
24' and cute. I talked to an owner-bulilder. Reasonably easy. They are
all sqare and if ya get one designed right near zero waste on the 1/2"
ply and 2"x4s" Jay Benford had lines for one.... in the mid 80s or
atleast I think. Very accessable guy. Send him a note.
BOb