druid druid is offline

Default Boat Show Season .. are they worth it?

On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 02:16:05 +0000, NE Sailboat wrote:

I saw an ad for the Boston Boat Show. It got me thinking ??? Should I go to
the show? Is there a reason to pay for a chance to spend?

It is $12 dollars. Years ago, I would go to the show and there would be
deals so that I would save more than the boat show admission.

What do you sailors think?

I can see the attitude of "paying to look at advertising", but I see it as
a chance to see (as in look at, poke buttons, pull at ropes...) all the
New Stuff, and to get ideas for my OWN boat. I often get rigging ideas,
ways to use space or add something to the interior, and so on. SOMETIMES
I'm interested in actually buying something, but usually not. And even if
I am interested in, say, a radar unit - it's good to be able to look at
all the competition in one place.

My problem is that the Vancouver Boat Show (on next week) is almost
entirely powerboats. There's still lots of tips and tricks to pick up, but
it sure would be nice to see a sailboat or three...

druid