posted to rec.boats.electronics
Roger Mexico Roger Mexico is offline

Default need instructions to build a stop switch for a wind generator

Geoff Schultz wrote:

FYI: The KISS generator has a single switch which either connects the
output of the generator to the rectifier or shorts the wind generator.

-- Geoff

Thanks for the pointer. It looks like what the KISS stop switch does is
short the alternator windings ahead of the rectifiers, the same sort of
thing the stop switch on the Ampair 300 in the other thread is doing.
My main concern is for opening up the circuit downstream of the
rectifiers on an alternator-type wind generator. My old Ampair 100
doesn't have access to the circuit ahead of the rectifiers (rectifiers
up with the alternator, then 2 sliprings to transfer the DC down the
mast) so I'm faced with the problem.