Larry Larry is offline

Default Boat Show Season .. are they worth it?

"KLC Lewis" wrote in
et:

The vendors DO have to pay for the privilege of being at the Boat Show
-- but if they had to absorb the entire cost of being at the show,
they would either have to raise their prices (or not offer great
specials) or just not go. As a promoter/event booking agent/boat show
attendee, I can see both sides of the coin and appreciate the needs of
both. But I'll only pay that $12 plus parking if I'm really in the
market for something I'm likely to find at the show, and ONLY at the
show.

Several of the boat dealers in Charleston bought lots of radio ad time just
before the boat show in the "just not go" category. Boat show prices were
cut to attract buyers to their stores, instead of paying $9 to go to the
boatshow. The promotions saturated the airwaves the week before the show
opened. Many dealers here, now, don't play along....

Larry
--
Democracy is when two wolves and a sheep vote on who's for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has his own gun.