posted to alt.sailing.asa
sailirc sailirc is offline

Default global warming liars

CONCLUSIONS. To summarize, claims of linkages
between global warming and hurricane impacts
are premature for three reasons. First, no connection
has been established between greenhouse gas
emissions and the observed behavior of hurricanes
(Houghton et al. 2001; Walsh 2004). Emanuel (2005)
is suggestive of such a connection, but is by no means
definitive. In the future, such a connection may be
established [e.g., in the case of the observations
of Emanuel (2005) or the projections of Knutson
and Tuleya (2004)] or made in the context of other
metrics of tropical cyclone intensity and duration
that remain to be closely examined. Second, the
peer-reviewed literature reflects that a scientific
consensus exists that any future changes in hurricane
intensities will likely be small in the context
of observed variability (Knutson and Tuleya 2004;
Henderson-Sellers et al. 1998), while the scientific
problem of tropical cyclogenesis is so far from being
solved that little can be said about possible changes
in frequency. And third, under the assumptions of
the IPCC, expected future damages to society of its
projected changes in the behavior of hurricanes are
dwarfed by the influence of its own projections of
growing wealth and population (Pielke et al. 2000).
While future research or experience may yet overturn
these conclusions, the state of the peer-reviewed
knowledge today is such that there are good reasons
to expect that any conclusive connection between
global warming and hurricanes or their impacts will
not be made in the near term.

http://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/Landsea...etalBAMS05.pdf

If what they claim? or start to let loose to the public is true you will
see a lot of strange happenings with the weather. I don't know how it will
effect
ocean currents and calm sailing seasons. FL just got hit again with deadly
tornadoes
last night and we are expecting more tonight. I lucked out and it hit north
of us.

The tornadoes that hit last night are uncommon to our state we normally get
hit with F1 but we got hit with
EF3 ,winds over 150mph.

Bush is pushing to stop using fossil fuels but I don't think big business
aka oil companies and
automotive will jump to build cars that address fossil fuel issues fast
enough.
a few electric cars are on the roads now but they only have a short battery
life.

--
NH_/)_
www.sailirc.net