KLC Lewis KLC Lewis is offline

Default Boat Show Season .. are they worth it?

"Larry" wrote in message
Dave wrote in
:

So you can either sit around resenting the fact that they'll make a
buck if you buy from them, or use the fact that they'll make a buck if
you buy from them to collect useful information.

I never resent anyone selling me something. I'm glad he's there. What I
resent is having to pay $12 to walk into his "store for the weekend" that
HE, not I, should be paying for to sell me something.

For this reason I do not have a Sam's Club or Cosco "card", some bogus
bull**** to get through the door of a retail "warehouse" store....

If I wanted to know about the Brazilian furler company, I'd call them on
Skype from their phone number off their webpage and talk to the guy who
REALLY knows what I want, not some resale vendor from Waste Marine.

Larry
--
Democracy is when two wolves and a sheep vote on who's for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has his own gun.

The vendors DO have to pay for the privilege of being at the Boat Show --
but if they had to absorb the entire cost of being at the show, they would
either have to raise their prices (or not offer great specials) or just not
go. As a promoter/event booking agent/boat show attendee, I can see both
sides of the coin and appreciate the needs of both. But I'll only pay that
$12 plus parking if I'm really in the market for something I'm likely to
find at the show, and ONLY at the show.