Larry Larry is offline

Default Autopilot NMEA question for gear heads

"KLC Lewis" wrote in
et:

I'm pretty much of the opinion that the only automated course
correction on a sailboat, under sail, should be "Steer To Wind." That
doesn't insure that

Lionheart's Network Pilot (B&G) has 3 options...Steer to Network Wind
instrument's data, steer to the autopilot's compass or take instructions
from one of the chartplotters or The Cap'n.

I agree steering to wind is correct, ESPECIALLY at night sailing short
handed. We never let her go off by herself without someone on watch.
Most of her sailing controls come back into the cockpit under the
hardtop. Sticking to a waypoint course isn't practical in most sailing
situations we encounter. Sailing in the general direction of some
waypoint is nice, though...(c;

If anyone is in a hurry or has to "be somewhere" at a certain time,
please take a jet, not spoil it for the rest of us who are happy to get
there "some time this month". Thanks....

Beer - Check...Food - Check...Water - Check. Who cares who's first?

Larry
--
Democracy is when two wolves and a sheep vote on who's for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has his own gun.