Bill Kearney Bill Kearney is offline

Default Autopilot NMEA question for gear heads

It also appears that, although it will roll over to the next waypoint, it
won't actually turn the boat until you push the keypad. That's good if
something is in the way; bad if you miss the waypoint alarm. Of course,

as
the manual says over and over, you should be independently tracking your
position constantly. One of the thinkgs I look forward to in being able

get my hands off the wheel is to start doing a lot more navigation.

Getting your hands off the wheel doesn't mean no interaction with it.