Gould 0738

Default Radio for Newbies......

Ah, but that doesn't apply in the UK where we need no registration at
all for the sea and if I gave out my local lake registration when on the
sea, it would mean nothing to anyone else. Sure I could just make up a
name, but I wondered if there was any proper procedure...
--
Nick

Could easily be that much of what I included in that article does not apply in
the UK.

Another way to identify your boat would be
"This is 17-foot motor vessel off your starboard bow" if hailing a boat that is
in sight.

If calling for assistance ona Mayday, you might say, "This is an unnamed
vessel. We are 21 feet, LOA, white with green canvas, located at