Budd Cochran

Default Newbie needs advice

"Tony Thomas" wrote in message
news:EOwuc.17251$3x.8834@attbi_s54...
Based on your condition and towing ability - I would recommend you look at

20' pontoon w/ a 75 hp engine on it. You can leave it in the water (yes,
there is the dock fee and fuel is a little more expensive) but no trailer

boat to the lake and back. You show up, crank it and go. Plus the

pontoon
will give you plenty of room for doing whatever you want.

Other option would be to get something that fits your needs and dry dock

it.

Someone in your condition does not need to be trying to load and trailer a
boat. Plus anything you could tow is going to be very small and not very
stable.

--
Tony

I wish I could afford a pontoon and dock fees and put it on a fantastic Bass
/ Catfish lake but as the old saying goes, "If wishes were horses the
peasants would ride."

Besides, worry about the boat ( vandals, storms, etc.) would cause heart
attacks 9, 10 and 11 ... if I survive.

I'm looking at a max cost of about $2000 dollars. On a fixed income you
don't make a down payment on the Q. E. III. VBG

I guess I'll settle for all the stability I can get and, as I did on a old
Grumman canoe used by our Foster kids many years ago, I'll make stabilizing
pontoons for it, if necessary. Size, capacity and price are the limiting
parameters for me.

Budd