Tony Thomas

Default Newbie needs advice

Based on your condition and towing ability - I would recommend you look at a
20' pontoon w/ a 75 hp engine on it. You can leave it in the water (yes,
there is the dock fee and fuel is a little more expensive) but no trailer
boat to the lake and back. You show up, crank it and go. Plus the pontoon
will give you plenty of room for doing whatever you want.

Other option would be to get something that fits your needs and dry dock it.

Someone in your condition does not need to be trying to load and trailer a
boat. Plus anything you could tow is going to be very small and not very
stable.

--
Tony
my boats at http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

"Budd Cochran" wrote in message
OK, folks. I'm thinking of getting my first new boat and I need some

advice.

I'm thinking I need a light, trailerable boat ( my tow vehicle is a 95
Chrysler LeBaron FWD) with about a 1000 pound capacity (I'm physically
handicapped and I figure a somewhat larger craft will be more stable for
entry and egress but I need it to be pretty light in weight ( because the
car has only a one ton tow capacity) so I can load and launch it easily.

My physical limitations are from blood pressure and heart trouble,

diabetes
and Post Polio Syndrome.

So, what styles / lengths / brands should I look at?? I once had a used 12
foot aluminum Jon boat, but it was a bit narrow and quite tender when
approaching hull capacity. I borrowed my brother's old aluminum 12 foot
Sears rowboat once and lightly loaded it was fun, but it was a bit heavy

cartop (this was before the health probs hit.)

Oh, price is important too. I may go for a used boat / trailer if I find a
great deal. VBG

TIA

Budd