Budd Cochran

Default Newbie needs advice

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Budd Cochran wrote:
OK, folks. I'm thinking of getting my first new boat and I need some

advice.

I'm thinking I need a light, trailerable boat ( my tow vehicle is a 95
Chrysler LeBaron FWD) with about a 1000 pound capacity (I'm physically
handicapped and I figure a somewhat larger craft will be more stable for
entry and egress but I need it to be pretty light in weight ( because

the
car has only a one ton tow capacity) so I can load and launch it easily.

My physical limitations are from blood pressure and heart trouble,

diabetes
and Post Polio Syndrome.

So, what styles / lengths / brands should I look at?? I once had a used

12
foot aluminum Jon boat, but it was a bit narrow and quite tender when
approaching hull capacity. I borrowed my brother's old aluminum 12 foot
Sears rowboat once and lightly loaded it was fun, but it was a bit heavy

cartop (this was before the health probs hit.)

Oh, price is important too. I may go for a used boat / trailer if I find

great deal. VBG

TIA

Budd

A 16' carolina Skiff....wide, stable, not too heavy. But one of your
considerations should be where you are planning to use the boat.,

I like to fish at a nearby irrigation reservoir, Ken's Lake, near my home in
Moab, Utah. It varies from about 2 to 4 acres and a maximum depth of about
80 ft. My eldest son says it's smaller than the flight deck on his ship (
CVN 75, Harry S. Truman) while he was in the Navy. It's also limited to
sail, manual or electric propulsion.

Budd