BAR BAR is offline

Default Just in on the fax: Boeing buys C-Map

Harry Krause wrote:
On 1/31/2007 3:27 PM, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
ups.com...
Seattle, Jan 31, 2007

The Boeing Company [NYSE: BA] today announced it has concluded its
purchase of C-Mapo, a leading provider of digital marine cartography,
data services, and other navigational information. C-Map will become a
part of Jeppesen's marine division. Jeppesen is a wholly-owned
subsidiary of Boeing Commercial Aviation Services.

(gratuitous puffery and standard press release quotes from highly
placed officials deleted)

Great. Maybe they'll make the products flammable, like their jets.

They'll be moving development from Italy and tech support from
Massachusetts to Bangladore, where the "help," which cannot really
speak English, will read off of scripts through lousy IP telephone
connections.

....with waxed paper wrapped around their mouthpieces. :-)

That really bugs me. I speak perfect, unaccented English, but I
sometimes work with a lot of people who do not, typically immigrants
whose native language is Spanish, or older contractors whose first
language is Italian or Polish or German, and damn it if they don't work
hard at learning our language and our idioms so they can be understood.
But so many of these so-called English-speaking "tech" folks in India
aren't even close to speaking "English as she is spoke." Tech support,
my a**.

India has two official languages, Hindi and English.