posted to rec.boats.building
Peter HK Peter HK is offline

Default What size do you think I should build?

"scbafreak" u25927@uwe wrote in message news:6d1e9d588c0f3@uwe...
I am in the planning stages of building an outrigger sailing canoe and the
biggest question I need to answer for myself right now is how long to make
it.

The sage advice is to build the smallest boat that will do the job. You
probably will seldom take a large group, but make going solo difficult with
the longer hull.
What I'm saying is that 90% of the time or more the smaller boat will be
better for you (and no boat will ever be right 100% of the time).

Peter HK