posted to rec.boats.building
Mark Hindley Mark Hindley is offline

Default Fixing Liferaft chocks to deck

I am trying to find a way for installing a liferaft on our Halcyon 27.

I only have the space to store it on deck and was planning to fix chocks
to the foredeck for the canister. However there is a fixed grp
headliner beneath so I have no access to install a backing pad and bolt
through.

Is is feasible to use fixings similar to those used for
plasterboard/hollow walls and just screw in from the top? What area do I
need to spread the load over for a 32kg raft?

Any other suggestions of how to manage this?

Many thanks

Mark