John H

Default '93 V-6 115hp Johnson, alarm and no choke prob

On Sun, 30 May 2004 13:23:44 -0500, "Michael"
wrote:

On my sending unit the ground wire was held on with a pop rivet that
worked loose

Hi John! I checked out the sending unit on top of the tank and the wires are
all hooked up tight. Also I pulled the unit out of the gas tank (made me a
bit nervous that) and checked the float and everything... mechanically the
sending unit seems to be in good shape. However, even though the tank is
plum full the guage continues to read just under 1/8 a tank when I turn on
the ignition. :-(

Does anybody have any tips on how to determine whether the problem lies in
the sending unit or in the guage? Will it damage anything (or tell me
anything) if I disconnect the red and black wires from the tank and then
touch them together with the ignition on? Like.... would the guage jump to
Full if the red and black wires were directly connected for a few seconds?
Obviously I'm NOT wanting to make any kind of spark in this are though!!!!

Thanks!!!

- Michael

If the sending unit is out of the tank, with the key on raise the float up and
down. the gauge should move.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!