Jeff Jeff is offline

Default High output alternator on a Bukh DV24

Larry wrote:
Jeff wrote in
:

Why are you so obsessed about this, Larry? Its gotten to the point
that you're just ranting nonsense!

http://www.batteryuniversity.com/partone-13.htm
Boiling the **** out of it isn't going to give it a saturated charge.
It's voltage comes up because the plate surface becomes coated, but
that's not charging it.....correctly.

What's your point? If I can consistently charge my batteries at the
25% rate, and they last long enough so that the cost is under $50/year
what problem is there? You go on this rant every month or so,
assuming that everyone is trying to take a 100 AH bank from 0 to 100%
in ten minutes. Lots of people are running 100 Amp alternators
without cooking batteries.