posted to rec.boats.electronics
Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default HF Freq question for Larry

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 16:00:38 -0500, Larry wrote:

I just hope it's not too late to save ham radio from its death of old age
and ARRL's reticence. Go to any hamfest and guess the average age of the
total attendees. My guess is now in the low 60's, where I am. Few kids
are interested. They have full duplex video conferencing in their
bedrooms on serious broadband with the whole world at their keyboard.

Except for Pactor, Winlink and APRS, ham radio on HF frequencies has
become largely irrelevant. Fortunately there are very few commercial
or military services still interested in HF either.