lawrie gubb lawrie gubb is offline

Default Why do solar panels output 19V

You must have it charge through a regulator.
Batteries can accept high charge until surface of plates is charged then
they will accept a lower charge
wrote in message
oups.com...
I was curious if someone could explain why solar panels that charge a
12V system put out 19V? I used a multi-meter to check the voltage on my
panels and was at first alarmed that they output 19V but then upon
looking online I discovered that it's fairly common. Anyhow, was
wondering if someone would be game to explain why they make many solar
panels to output 19V (instead of a more common charging voltage such as
14.5V)?

Thanks,
Todd
--