Reginald P. Smithers III Reginald P. Smithers III is offline

Default Searay vs Cruisers-Yachts-Inc.

Chuck Gould wrote:

The Sea Ray that he shows in that item is 16 years out of date.
According to the dates he has written on the scraps in the upper left
photo, it's a 1991.

Most likely the SeaRay in the photo was built in the 80's. As Chuck
eluded to, all mfg'ers have made substantial changes in their mfg'er
process since then. It would not be prudent to make your buying
decisions upon upon 20 yr old data. That being said I would be hesitant
to buy a less expensive boat with balsa core hull below the water line.
If so, I would want to verify that all thru holes and high stress
areas, such as stanchions are solid fiberglass and are reinforced with a
backing plate. Cruiser online sales info, went out of their way to
discuss the metal reinforcing plate on their high stress areas, but did
not mention solid glass around their thru holes. I would contact
Cruisers directly to verify that info.