posted to alt.sailing.asa
JimC JimC is offline

Default Sailing Around the World: Difficulty

Mundo wrote:

Don't listen to Max... Follow your gut feeling. You will get the hang of it.
This is one of those do it once and your an expert categories. As a patriotic
American, I have learned that facts are for sissies. You should go with your
gut instinct. You can buy a nice Macgregor 26 for 21k.
http://www.macgregor26.com/
Did I mention that this yacht sleeps 6?

I agree with a few aspects of what Mundo was saying ("follow your
dream", etc.), but I don't think you need to start out with a high-end,
complicated, high-tech boat such as the MacGregor 26. - Start with
an Island Packet, Swan, Valiant, Sabre, or the like, and then, when you
feel confident that you have mastered the basics, you might be ready to
move up to a MacGregor.

Jim