posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Sailing Around the World: Difficulty

"Ringmaster" wrote in message
ups.com...

On Jan 28, 11:40?pm, "David" wrote:
I have never sailed before, although sailing around the world is one
of my dreams that I want to accomplish in my life. I am 21 years old,
and I want to know if this is a dream I can pursue or something far-
fetched and non-possible..

David, with all due respect anything is possible but having spent
considerable time at sea in the Navy it's my opinion that sailing
around the world on anything less than a cruise ship is idiotic. You
can't imagine what wind and sea conditions can get like when it's
bad. I have never seen a film or video that accurately portrays what
big seas really look like. Move closer to the water, buy a boat and
enjoy costal cruising.

Well, I think there's a huge difference between having to go (what the Navy
does) and wanting to go and being smart about when you go.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com