posted to alt.sailing.asa
Frank Boettcher Frank Boettcher is offline

Default messing with boats - 2 ASA points

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 21:00:39 -0500, Charlie Morgan wrote:

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 16:15:19 -0800, "Capt. JG" wrote:

Define scapping and sistering with respect to boats. 1 point each

Neither term is really specific to boats. Scapping is the use of a long handled
net for crabbing, and sistering is construction reinforcement where you attach
an additional timber to an existing one to add strength.

CWM

Correct, I sistered my ceiling joists in order to create a room in my
attic and by the act of "sistering" they could bear the live loads as
floor joists.

Frank