Dennis Pogson Dennis Pogson is offline

Default boom outhaul runner hardware

KLC Lewis wrote:
I would look for an "outhaul slug."

"CB" wrote in message
ups.com...

Hi, 1971 Ranger 26, Gary Mull design.

Doing a bit of work on my boom over the winter here and took apart
the outhaul assembly yesterday. I want to get a new one of these:

http://picasaweb.google.com/cb.bradley/OuthaulRunner

I've been calling it the "outhaul runner", it sits in the sail groove
and has some steel cable wired back around a pulley into the boom, ..
where one tightens it etc.

Anyway the point is, what is this thing actually called? That bottom
runner portion is 2 1/4" long on the side shot. I'd like to get
something 4-6" long to reduce stress on the boom sail groove flanges,
which are starting to press out. Also possibly something with a nylon
runner track instead of the aluminum.

I can't find the part in any obvious catalogs but if anyone has a
pointer or a name or anything.. shoot! Thanks,

-CB

Outhal slug or outhaul slider. Make sure if you lengthen it that the slider
will actually still tension the foot or you could finish up with a repair
too many!