Frogwatch Frogwatch is offline

Default Trailerable Cruisers

On Jan 27, 4:02 pm, "Bob" wrote:
On Jan 27, 7:57 am, "tt" wrote:

sailboat that is
suited to long distance cruising and extended periods of living? By
the way I am retired and not a rich man.Hi: What you are say now is what I wanted when I was 20

somthing:Cheep, portable, and reasonably safe on the water.

The first question ya got to answere is how big a towing rig do you
have? If it is a 20 yo Suburu that will limit what hyou can tow.
ALthogh I trailored my 15' sailing dory from Oregon to the Sea of
Cortez and sailed the sheets off it on the RTs and there.

Now if ya got one of thoes beast with a Cat C18 or a kenworth with a
3408 now that really opens the door to lots of "trailerable" boats!

Bob

Boat Designer Michalak has a boat called a "Cormorant" that is sort of
like a sharpie but has water ballast. She is 32' long and
trailerable. She does NOT have standing head room. You might
consider either building it yourself or paying someone to build it.
My next boatbuilding project will either be a Cormorant or the Bolger
AS29 extended to 33'. However, the AS29 is NOT trailerable but does
have extreme shoal draft and easily lowered mast so she can be kept in
places few other sail boats can be kept.