Don White Don White is offline

Default Trailerable Cruisers

"tt" wrote in message
oups.com...
I was forced to give up my live aboard lifestyle when hurricanes and
condominiums destroyed or replaced affordable Marinas. I moved away
from central Florida and live about 1 hour from the coast in South
Carolina. I never imagined how much I would miss the boaters
lifestyle. I don't think I will ever be able to live aboard again but
would like to spend extended periods on the water, mostly Carribien
and Intercoastal cruising. My question , Is there a trailerable( I
never want to be at the mercy of a marina again) sailboat that is
suited to long distance cruising and extended periods of living? By
the way I am retired and not a rich man

Probably depends how flexible you are.
People cruise weekends and even longer on very small trailerable sailboats.
I have a Sandpiper 565 that can accomodate a couple (or family with two
small children). If you have a half decent tow vehicle, you can go a step or
two larger. I'd stick with a retractable keel to make launching/recovery
easier at shallow ramps.
My boat: http://sailquest.com/market/models/spipe.htm
a step up.. http://sailquest.com/market/models/sirius.htm

Both boats very affordable and lots available used in central Canada.