John H

Default '93 V-6 115hp Johnson, alarm and no choke prob

On Sat, 29 May 2004 11:20:49 -0500, "Michael"
wrote:

You are right, it's a V-4 not a V-6 (I had a brain-fart... sorry). :-\

So that's what it's called, a "fuel enrichment circuit" huh? Never heard of
such a thing before.... but it turns out that pushing in on the ignition
switch does do the trick. Many thanks!

On the beeping alarm issue I unhooked the temp sensor wired to both sides of
the engine while running and it made no difference.... it isn't heat
related. However, I now realize that the fuel guage is reading empty (even
though the gas tank IS FULL).... so is there such a thing as a low fuel
alarm? The guage is functioning as the needle goes from totally dead (below
E) to just a hair above E when the ignition is turned on.... most likely
there's a problem with the sending unit.

Ideas about it being the low fuel alarm and why would the guage not be
reading a fuel level? I'm going to disconnect the battery and carefully pull
out the sending unit from the tank later today and see if the float and all
looks ok.

Many thanks for the help ya'll!

- Michael

On my sending unit the ground wire was held on with a pop rivet that worked
loose. Once that was repaird my gauge worked again.

The sterndrive gear oil tank on mine has a built in alarm. Check that out.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!