Snafu

Default Boat and trailer tow weights

I have a 17' Arima Sea Ranger with a 90 hp Johnson 2 stroke outboard on a
King galvanized trailer. Together they weigh in at just under 3000 lbs. I
threw in the 2 stroke part because they typically weigh a little less than a
4 stroke. Here's a link to the specs for an Arima Sea Ranger:
http://www.arimaboats.com/boat6.htm.

Welcome to boating. It's something your kids will remember all their lives.
Snafu

"Tran" wrote in message
Hi,
I'm considering becoming a first-time boater. I know next-to-nothing

about
boating, but have been doing some online research. I can probably only
afford something that I can trailer and launch myself; town boat launch is
about 4 miles from my house. My tow vehicle would be a 2003 Kia Sedona
mini-van. It is rated to tow up to 3500 lbs, but total Gross Weight is
about is 5959 lbs., so really I can probably tow about 3300 for the short
distance to town launch, or less if I want to put wife and kids in the van
and go farther. My question is, what size/type boats should I be looking
at? I would like a "ballpark" idea of boat/motor/trailer combined

weights,
so I don't waste time looking at ones I couldn't possibly hope to tow.
Since I have small kids, I like the cuddy style more than the bowrider
(porta-potty and nap spot) but I'm guessing they are heavier. Anyone who
could give me some clues, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

Tom