posted to rec.boats.electronics
Bruce in Alaska Bruce  in Alaska is offline

Default HF Freq question for Larry

In article ,
"Glenn Ashmore" wrote:

Back in 2000 the FCC eliminated the "Amateur Advanced" license as an upgrade
but all the published band plans still have 3,700 to 3,800 on 80 meters,
14,175 to 14,225 on 40 meters and 21,225 to 21,275 on 15 meters reserved
for Advanced and Extra. Any idea why there is still a separate rule for
Advanced when they no longer exist?

You have your Facts a bit wrong here....the FCC over the years have
chaged the rules a number of times concerning the Advanced Class
License. What they have NEVER done is abandon, or eliminate, the
License itself. What they have done, a number of times, is not
allow any NEW Advanced Licenses to be issued, which is exactly the
case, today. Us Advanced Licensee's can keep our licenses and renew
them, but no New licenses will be issued. I could have applied for
and upgraded to an Extra, many years ago, after I received my
RadioTelgraph License, but choose to keep the Advanced because it
is a small CLUB that is unique aand limited in nature. and I really
don't talk to those Exclusive Extra's down on the XtraPortion anyway.

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @