posted to alt.sailing.asa
Ellen MacArthur Ellen MacArthur is offline

Default Katy's a sock puppet....

"ladysailor" wrote
Thanks Katy. No, I am NOT that other person who claims to be a lady.
I was here long before she arrived.
As Katy says, my husband and I have been cruising the west coast of
Mexico going on four years now but, that is about to change. Mike is
taking the boat out to the South Pacific with crew in March and I will
drive our van and the dog back up to Oregon to be taken care of by our
friend who is taking care of our house. Then, I will fly down to
Tahiti and join him to travel on to New Zealand.

We should have a big celebration. This is the first time Katy's ever been right
about anything. ;-)
But you got my curiosity up. How come you aren't sailing to the South Pacific
with your husband? Are you afraid of a long trip like that? Or, is it all just because
somebody has to drive the van back? If I were you I'd pay somebody to drive it
back. I wouldn't miss a long voyage across the South Pacific for nothing.... They
money you spent on a plane ticket you could pay somebody to drive your van back
and probably have some left over. You could get some Mexican dude to drive it
back. He could fill it with drugs and a bunch of illegal aliens and charge them for
the ride. You could get rich...

Cheers,
Ellen