Larry Larry is offline

Default Gas $1.99/gallon!

"Dennis Pogson" wrote in
:

$6.50 per US gallon here in UK. I believe it is 20cents/gallon in Iraq.
Who's winning this war?

Yeah, but they have no place to go....safely.

I lived in Tehran, Iran from 1977 until 28 days before the Shahanshah was
deposed in 1979. The Shah got fed up with the clogged street and jacked
up the price of gas from 3c/gallon to 6c/gallon...(c;

We burned diesel fuel in our building's water boiler for all the
apartments. Being the only American to take the time to learn cursory
Farsi, I was put in charge of dealing with the little guy in the
primitive fuel truck, an underground tank welded to the top of an old
flatbed Deutz with a gravity-feed hose and nozzle. He used to smile when
I only dickered him down to 2c/gallon for #2 fuel oil. Our tank held 650
gallons. He used a wooden stick of questionable calibrations to measure
the before and after depth in his tank. I'm sure it was calibrated in
his favor...

Imagine fueling a Hatteras at 2c/gallon, delivered....(c;

Larry
--
Democracy is when two wolves and a sheep vote on who's for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has his own gun.