Larry Larry is offline

Default Gas $1.99/gallon!

Gordon wrote in
:

http://www.washingtongasprices.com/tax_info.aspx

Well, here's MY answer:

http://frybrid.com/

3 of us with Frybrid diesel cars/trucks banded together to make oil
collections/storage/filtering less work and expense. One has a
warehouse, one has the filters and pumps, I have the Frybrid stepvan for
collections and the time to do it.

We've cut back our input because we got over 900 gallons of reserve
stacked up in the warehouse. So, we dropped one Chinese restaurant and
now only are collecting from 3, not 4. I filled up the 6.2L Diesel
Chevy/Union City Body stepvan, today, from our supply drum. It only took
22 gallons in the 32 gallon tank. 32 gallons will run it for weeks.
Mileage on vegoil INCREASES over diesel as it's a heavier fuel...more
power, too.

At our last "company luncheon" of the "French Fried Oil Cartel", at one
of our supporting Chinese restaurants, of course, we bantered about
buying and installing a 100-250KW V-12 diesel genset at the warehouse,
hooked to a bi-directional utility meter the government forces the power
company to install. If we add a few more Chinese restaurants to the
cartel, and they are VERY willing to give me oil, instead of having to
pay some Ecology company to dispose of it, we could be selling SC
Electric and Gouge up to 6 MWH of prime 60 Hz AC per day at a tidy profit
from the right diesel genset running off "Alternative Fuels". We might
even qualify for a Gummit Grant from the money mill to construct it!
That would be a kick to accomplish.

Fuel is running out our ears! I told George, in whos warehouse it's
settling out the particulates in as I type this, if we don't start using
more fuel, we'd be spending weekends driving our Frybrids back and forth
to Houston to burn off the excess...(c;

I'm running my Mercedes cars, a '73 220D sedan and '83 300TD wagon off a
mixture of 80% vegoil and 20% regular gas, at the moment, without the
Frybrid heating equipment. This mixture starts and runs fine from 25F
up. In summer, I'm going for a 90-10 mix. A $2 gallon of gas nets me 10
gallons of biodiesel fuel at 20c/gallon....a much better return in the
short run than even the Frybrid can deliver.

Maybe we should by a big Hatteras with 8V92TAs and convert those...

Larry
--
I must admit it IS still fun to stomp on the accelerator when the light
turns green....(c;

My only gas vehicles is my Honda mower and 2 Honda gensets and my late
father's '96 Chevy Caprice Classic Pig V-8 POS. The Chevy wouldn't be so
bad if it weren't falling apart at the seams at 61,000 miles. How awful.