posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Salvaging or scavenging?

On Jan 24, 11:34 am, Martin Baxter wrote:
Joe wrote:

On Jan 24, 8:33 am, "Scotty" wrote:
"Joe" wrote in ooglegroups.com..
.

We were all very pleased until we found out the company
got 1.5
million for the cable.Sounds generous to me, if you were an employee.

Scotty

I would consider 50% generous and 33.3% to be divided by the crew
fair, less than 1% for the entire crew ****ty. We were under no
obligation to salvage.Jeeze Joe, you live in the most litigious country on the planet, you

should have sued. Just because you used company equipment, and did it on
company time, shouldn't mean that the company owns what you recovered.
Try using that argument on De Beers.

I never said we were owed anything.

However if I owned any equipment, that in the regular course of work my
operators found a way to give me, or my company 1.5 million dollars out
of the blue without any extra wear or tear on my equipment, because
they went the extra mile...I would reward them very well for thier
efforts. What comes around goes around. I understand many people do not
think this way...

Joe

Cheers
Marty- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -